Friday, December 16, 2005

Seven and a Half

I was looking at today's date, "December 16" and it looked vaguely familiar. Then I recalled that it has been 9 years since I entered my first job, which was in 1996. I was away for studies for an year and half in between, so in total it makes seven and half years in the software industry.

It has indeed been quite long!! These years have made me rich, greedy, old, fat, cunning, selfish, cynic, and mostly a useless material as far as anything related to "real" computer engineering work is concerned. On the positive side, I have learned to handle English language reasonably well :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know , there's an Italian movie called 8 and 1/2 (Fellini) which is about a director's frustrating phase of career. The director's creativity has hit a new low and he is facing what is called "writer's block". It's a semi-autobiographical movie. Your 7 and 1/2 remind of that 8 and 1/2. You also say you have entered a low in creative aspects of your career :-)
Just hang in there.. Things brighten up from nowhere :-)

As an aside, I don't know how easy it is to blog in "blogger.com".. It is certainly not very convenient for commenters :P The site seems slower than LJ..

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home