Saturday, January 28, 2006

King Kong

Watched King Kong today at Inox theatre inside the Garuda Mall. I liked Inox theatre, and watching the amazing special effects of King Kong at Inox was a very good experience. I liked the scenes of the ship approaching Skull Island, The crew making a narrow escape from the group of dinosaurs and the monster insects, The fight between King Kong and the dinosaurs, and the climax scenes. Of course, there shouldn't be "logical questions" in this type of a film, and all these "narrow escapes" need to be digested with a pinch of salt. However, the quality of special effects makes up for everything.

An image from kingkongmovie dotcom


The ticket prices are high (140 rupees!), but I felt that the experience of watching King Kong there was worth it. The only bad thing was a group of people sitting behind us and providing sarcastic comments for every scene of the film. I have seen such people at PVR cinemas as well, and I wonder why someone would spend so much money to waste their time giving idiotic comments just for creating nuisance for other viewers. I guess they might be Malayalee software engineers.

Today I tried kancheepuram idli at Shiv Sagar restaurant, inside the Garuda Mall. I became curious reading about it in the menu, and ordered for it. This idli has turmeric, pepper, cumin seeds and some other spices added in it, and it came wrapped in banana leaves. I was not very impressed with it. After that, we visited Bangalore Central (This mall was started some 1-2 years back, but I have never been there before), and I ate a nice masala dosa from the MTR food counter there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home